Do you have shoes that give off a certain unpleasant aroma? Fortunately, there are several ways to prevent and eliminate these scents and get your shoes to smell good again.
In this article, we show you the best remedies to prevent and eliminate the bad smell from your shoes permanently.
- Deodorize Odor Killer
- Deodoriser Insoles
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Talcum powder
- Essential oils
- Pills of soap
- Dry and ventilate in the sun
Unfortunately, smelly footwear is a very common problem from which almost no one is exempt.
Bacteria are the main causes. They reproduce in large numbers in the feet and when decomposed they produce malodorous organic acids and volatile sulfur compounds, substances that are obtained after the metabolism of certain proteins and are bacterial waste material.
Even if you maintain impeccable hygiene, your feet can easily stink. Part of that is because it is the area of the body with the most sweat glands. And while sweat itself doesn't give off an odor, the breakdown of bacteria does. In this way, the shoes become a breeding ground for bacteria, since they trap sweat and moisture, creating an ideal environment for them to continue multiplying.
- Our products to fight bad odor -
1. Special deodorant for shoes
Tarrago Sneakers Odor Killer It is specially designed to eliminate the strongest odors and deodorize your sneakers. Not only does it hide the smell, but it eliminates it, leaving a fresh, pleasant, and long-lasting aroma. Similar to the smell of the Spa. Keep your shoes as if they were new!
How to use:
- Shake the spray before use
- Apply inside your sneakers. Never outside.
- Let dry for 5 minutes.
2. Change the insoles of your shoes
If you've been using the same templates for years, it might be time to switch them up. The soles are often the cause of bad odors in shoes. You may find that a new pair of soles will "magically" make the lingering odor disappear.
Deodoriser Insoles are designed with a resistant high-density latex foam with active carbon, covered with a powerful, highly absorbent natural fiber fabric that provides great comfort and lightness. Avoid bad smells thanks to its high absorption power and the high quality of its products gives the product a long duration.
ℹ️ Cuttable sizes from 34 to 46.
- Natural remedies -
1. Baking soda
Sodium bicarbonate has deodorant and antiseptic properties that help neutralize bad odors and reduce the number of bacteria on the skin of the feet.
There are two different ways to use it to remove the bad smell from shoes:
- Mix ¼ cup of baking soda, ¼ cup of yeast, and ½ cup of fine cornmeal. Put the mixture in a pair of cotton socks or spread it on your sneakers and leave it overnight. For a little extra fragrance, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- If you want to keep it simple, sprinkle baking soda directly on your shoes and leave it on for at least 24 hours.
✨ The next day you will be able to verify that the bad smell of the shoes has disappeared.
2. Talcum powder
Talcum powder works in a similar way to baking soda. They have the ability to absorb excess moisture and thus reduce unpleasant odors.
In this case, you again have two possibilities:
- Put some talcum powder in each shoe and leave it overnight, and the next morning we can remove the remaining powder.
- Put talcum powder on the soles of your feet. In this way, we reduce the perspiration that causes the bad smell of footwear.
Vinegar neutralizes unpleasant odors and fights bacteria in shoes. Simply mix white vinegar and water in equal proportions in a spray bottle. Then spray the mixture on the shoes after wearing them and let them dry.
If you do this after every run, you will keep the scent longer.
✍️ Tip: To improve performance, clean shoes thoroughly, inside and out, before applying solution.Tip: To improve performance, clean shoes thoroughly, inside and out, before applying solution.
4. Essential oils
Tea tree, clove, and cedarwood essential oils are natural deodorants with antifungal properties. That is why it is often used to treat acne, canker sores, nail fungus, etc.
To combat the bad smell of your shoes, they fulfill these three functions: they eliminate bacteria, eliminate bad odors and leave a pleasant aroma.
To benefit from its properties, apply 3 to 5 drops of any of these essential oils to the insoles of your shoes twice a week.
ℹ️ You can also mix essential oils with other home remedies like baking soda or vinegar.
5. Bar soap
Another home remedy to remove the bad smell from shoes is to apply a bar of soap on each side and leave it on overnight. The soap kills the bacteria and the odor they produce. Also, due to its porous nature, it absorbs odors and instead leaves a clean soapy scent.
✍️ Tip: Make sure bars of soap are not wet before putting them in your shoes, as moisture promotes bacteria growth.
6. Dry and ventilate in the sun
A simple and effective way to remove odors from shoes is to remove excess moisture. After your run, dry your shoes in the sun for a few hours and allow them to dry completely before walking again.
As often happens, better safe than sorry. Therefore, it is convenient to pay attention to a series of simple recommendations to ensure that the footwear does not acquire a bad smell and that the measures mentioned above are not so necessary:
- Use the socks only once between each wash and try not to repeat shoes for more than two days in a row.
- After playing sports, don't wear the same socks and shoes again.
- Be sure to dry your feet thoroughly after each wash to prevent the growth of bacteria due to moisture.
- Your feet also need to breathe. When you can, wear open shoes and no socks.
Keeping your shoes smelling good doesn't seem so hard anymore, right?
Do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your opinion or query can be of help to any fan of the world of sneakers.
See you soon!